Security Measures at MedbillingExperts+
MedBillingExperts has implemented a hi-tech security system to ensure comprehensive data and patient privacy. The security system is designed to conform to the ISO 9001:2000 and HIPAA compliance criteria thus guaranteeing highest standards of security and confidentiality.
Security System Highlights
- 100% conformance with HIPAA compliance standards
- Signing of NDAs and SLAs for complete security assurance
- Implementation of Internet usage policies, company assets, software/hardware warranties etc. to guarantee uncompromised privacy
- Regular audit of employees having access to customer data
- Periodic penetration tests and security audits to ensure 100% safety.
- In case of a security breach, the customer is intimated immediately.
- Software, hardware and configurations are constantly maintained as per customer specifications.
- Daily data backup to prevent loss or misplacement of important information.
- 24/7 monitoring through surveillance cameras within and outside the office.
- Customer information made accessible to authorised users
- Electronic security at doors to prevent unauthorized access.
- Fire extinguishers & smoke alarms to avert mishaps.
- Round the clock security personnel to prevent burglary or vandalism.
- Carrying documents into and out of the office premises is not allowed.
- Carrying image capturing gadgets forbidden
- Physical checks of employees before entering or exiting office locations.
- Employee signature on confidentiality agreement mandatory.
- Compulsory safety measure training.
- Staff ID cards for verifying employee identities
- A stringent network security policy restricts access to authorized personnel only.
- Multi-level security for systems and networks.
- Passwords are changed periodically to strengthen security.
- All systems are installed on a server secured with 128 bit SSL encryption.
- Access to the systems is restricted to authorized staff.
- Floppy disk and USB drives are disabled on all desktops/laptops
- Surprise checks are conducted to detect breaches.
- Firewalls and anti-virus software are regularly updated with the latest versions.
- Entire network can be backed up and stored in a safe location to meet emergencies.