Accurate Medical Coding Outsourcing Services for Reliable Outcomes
MedBillingExperts leverages its decade long coding experience to provide customized medical coding outsourcing services for your unique needs. Having dealt with diverse coding requirements, such as assisting in-house teams, helping clients reduce operations backlogs to providing full-cycle offshore coding solutions, we understand coding like the back of our hand. So speed, accuracy and quality have come to be the defining features of our medical coding services.
We guarantee effective medical coding services because our team, consisting of 200+ certified (RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P, CCA, CPC, and/or CPC-H) and experienced medical coders (including specialty focused coders), can identify coding weaknesses and remodel them for performance improvement. What you get in the end is a medical coding process that is wholly optimized to push up reimbursements in compliance with regulations.
End-to-End Medical Coding Outsourcing Services that We Provide
Hospitals, nursing homes, sole physician practices, home healthcare companies, medical billing & coding companies and physical therapy companies, bank on us to provide following services:
- Offshore coding audits
- HCC coding services
- Payer specific medical coding services
- Chart Audits and Code Reviews
- Hospital / in-patient coding services
- HCPCS, ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding including ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-AM, ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 medical coding
- CPT coding with appropriate modifiers
- IHCC coding services
- Emergency room e-code evaluation
- Backlog coding resolution services
- DRG code validation services
- ASCs – Ambulatory Surgical Centers Coding
We also provide additional services such as:
- Translating patient information into relevant codes
- Preparing patient statements and revising them in case of errors
- Submitting claims to the insurance company
- Ensuring that the medical facility has received all the payments
- Processing payments received from the insurance companies
- Following up with the insurance companies for payments
- Organizing patient data, preparing charts and reports and maintaining databases
- Managing all the information related to additional procedures and follow-up treatments
The Key Features of Our Medical Coding Outsourcing Services
1. We are well versed with assigning Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes:
We take extreme care while assigning CPT codes. Our competent team of AAPC certified medical billing and coding experts meticulously follow a well-defined procedure to assign appropriate CPT codes to patients’ healthcare issues. They start by thoroughly analyzing the patient’ chart (which is prepared after he first visits the doctor) provided to them and match the problem with its corresponding numerical code. Leveraging their experience, they assign proper diagnosis code with specific numerical code from the most current CPT rule book. Finally the coding team cross-check the compatibility of the diagnosis with the procedure code before sending it to the billing team for processing and generating claims.
The CPT codes that we can handle include -
- Codes for medicine
- Codes for radiology
- Codes for pathology and laboratory
- Codes for surgery
- Codes for evaluation and management
- Codes for anesthesia
- Patient management
- Composite measures
- Physical examination
- Patient history
- Therapeutic, preventive or other interventions
- Diagnostic/Screening processes or results
- Follow-up or other outcomes
- Structural measures
- Patient safety
- This category consists of codes, which cover emerging technologies, procedures, and services.
2. We appreciate the key role played by modifiers and add-on codes:
We understand that modifiers and add-on codes are as important as primary codes when it comes to receiving reimbursements and hence have put in place a dedicated team of experienced medical coders who assign appropriate modifiers or add-on codes whenever and wherever it is required.
3. We are an expert when it comes to International coding systems and procedures:
Our coders stay up-to-date with the latest medical billing and coding changes, and they maintain highest standards of coding by following payer-specific documentation guidelines.
Our medical coders have a thorough understanding of:
- Distinct medical coding systems – including ICD-10, CDT and HCPCS
- Latest AMA and CMS guidelines
- State/federal government compliance requirements
- Payer-specific requirements (Medicare, Medicaid and all commercial insurance)
- Bundling and unbundling procedures
This helps us to provide:
- ICD-10-CM/PCS mapping for various applications and departments’ reporting requirements
- Recoding accounts in ICD-10-CM/PCS for documentation gaps, true financial impact analysis and managed care contract negotiation
- Dual coding for systems and payer testing
4. We are HIPAA and HL7 compliant
We are a thoroughly HIPAA compliant medical billing and coding company that adheres to every international standard and protocol related to the transfer of healthcare data.
5. We provide coding quality assurance
At MedBillingExperts, coding quality is our first priority and we ensure it is not sacrificed at any point by conducting:
- Quarterly Quality Assurance Audits: All members of our offshore medical billing and coding team undergo a coding quality assurance (QA) audit in their area of specialty every quarter. Approximately 1/3rd of all the coding related works are reviewed during this process and performance is assessed on the basis of quality of work and resolution rates.
- Annual External Audit: To ensure that MedBillingExperts’ direction and oversight is in-line with industry standards, we let an external auditing firm review a random sample of the claims that are generated by us every year.
We have also put in place an anonymous compliance hotline through which employees can report their concerns related to compliance in a confidential manner. Concerns raised through this dedicated line are thoroughly examined and corrective actions are taken within the shortest possible time.
Comprehensive Medical Coding Process Provided by Us
The process flow includes the following key stages:
Retrieving Patient Information
We access the patient medical record either via VPN data transfer or by accessing the clients practice management system.
In the pre-coding stage, the medical coder goes through the patient′s documentation such as doctor′s transcription, diagnostic test reports, imaging reports etc. to verify the services rendered.
We start assigning codes in line with pre-defined standards. In the process the diagnosed and assigned codes are verified for compatibility. Primarily, our coders look for:
- Incorrect or missing ICD-9 and ICD 10 diagnosis
- Incorrect or missing CPT-4 modifiers
- Incorrect or missing CPT procedure codes
- Discrepancies, if any, are suitably modified
- Quality Inspection
After completion of the above step, our quality specialists, comprising primarily specialty focused coders, conduct several rounds of audits for spotting up-coding or down-coding mistakes.
Upon audit/quality check, the coded charts are forwarded in electronic format to the customer for feedback.
Based on customer feedback we make changes to the codes.
Here are Some of the Reasons Why Clients Outsource Medical Coding Services to MedBillingExperts?
Outsource medical coding services to us to reap-in the following benefits:
- Expert assistance on coding documentation
- About 40% reduction in your current operating expenses (OPEX)
- Medical coding accuracy of about 98% or above
- AAPC certified coders with at least 3 to 11 years of work experience
- ICD 9/ ICD-10-CM/PCS trained coders
- Our services are 100% HIPAA compliant
- 48 hours or less turnaround
- Complete data security
Medical Coding Software Expertise
We have expertise in working with following software:
- COLLOBRATE MD
- Advanced MD
- Eclinical Works (ECW)
- GE Centricity
- Avant MD
What are the types of medical coding that you can handle?
Our medical coding experts have tremendous coding experience in both diagnostic (ICD codes allotted to physician’s diagnosis) and procedural (CPC and HCPCS codes allotted to medical procedures, devices and modifiers) medical coding. At MedBillingExperts we deliver superior medical coding services in the shortest turnaround time.
In addition, we have the capability and resources to deliver the following services:
- Compliance audits
- Claims rejection assessment
- Coding and reimbursement education
- Coding support through e-mail and telephone
How do you minimize errors in medical coding?
- Our staff is imparted training on the coding risk areas
- We have multiple coding teams with varied domain specializations
- We strictly align codes with the customer profile and consistently deliver over 98.5% accuracy
- Our systems are HIPAA compliant and secured through passwords
- All mails are password protected too
- Our analysis system tracks every physician’s documentation
- We list documentation deficiency errors physician-wise and inform them about the estimated revenue loss
When you choose MedBillingExperts, you’ll partner with a medical coding company focused on augmenting the accuracy of your coding process, thereby improving the clean-claim rates of your medical practice by manifolds.
Contact us today and discover the advantages of outsourcing medical coding requirements to MedBillingExperts.